- Using price computing scale to bill by weight at POS.
- Labels on packages show place of origin, expiry date, weight and unit price.
- Promotion rules support special pricing and need mix and match to become combo products.
- Shops usually locate at residential areas, regular promotion campaigns can attract great number of members.
- Buy in whole pieces of meat or seafood and then cut and bill by weight, making inventory control complicated.
- Weight and volume units vary widely, rely heavily on smart unit conversion to ensure accurate inventory control.
- Stock take regularly to monitor wastage, food spoilage, theft etc.